cOTTON PEST MANAGEMENT
Learn from leading researchers and industry experts:
• Cotton physiology 101 – really understand a cotton crop.
• The insect pests and beneficials that affect our industry today.
• Insect sampling and plant monitoring.
• Pest control decisions and options.
• Developing a pest management plan.
• What influences the success of pest management in high yielding cotton.
• Implementing a pest management plan.
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
Farm Managers, emerging farm managers, new agronomists and bug checkers who want to build their understanding of cotton physiology and pest management.
A two-day interactive classroom session.
A one day training and field session to apply your knowledge in the field.
A half day wrap up session to consolidate learnings.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
AHCPMG413 Define the pest problem
AHCPMG412 Develop a pest management plan
AHCPMG409 Implement a pest management plan
WHEN AND WHERE?
Courses for this season are already underway in Griffith, Dubbo and Narrabri.
Sign up to the AgSkilled mailing list to be kept informed. Sign up here.
For more information download the course flyer.