cOTTON PEST MANAGEMENT
Learn from leading researchers and industry experts:
• Cotton physiology 101 – really understand a cotton crop.
• The insect pests and beneficials that affect our industry today.
• Insect sampling and plant monitoring.
• Pest control decisions and options.
• Developing a pest management plan.
• What influences the success of pest management in high yielding cotton.
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
Farm Managers, emerging farm managers, new agronomists and bug checkers who want to build their understanding of cotton physiology and pest management.
A two-day interactive classroom session.
A half-day field session held in season.
UNITS OF COMPETENCY
AHCPMG413 Define the pest problem
AHCPMG412 Develop a pest management plan
AHCPMG306 Determine pest control techniques
AHCBIO301 Work effectively in an emergency
disease or plant pest response
WHEN AND WHERE?
Courses are scheduled for Narrabri and Griffith, due to commence in August 2019.
Sign up to the AgSkilled mailing list to be kept informed. Sign up here.
For more information download the course flyer.